Skip to main content

Ooops, searching for internationals and lesson learned

It is hard to move as I have mentioned before. The fact that I know things will feel home and we will meet good people give it some time is hard to remember when your little girl looks at you with sad eyes and says " Mamma I have NO friends here!" I tried to sound positive and replied "but you have me!" and she just looked at me and said " But I want a friend like Malou here that I can play horse with!" Hmmm nothing to reply or discuss just let the mamma heart break and then take action. 



So I took action and wrote on like three different expat parents in Moscow Facebook pages to introduce us and to ask if anyone one else living in our area and fancy to meet up. I also wrote to International women club Moscow and a Swedish group who are organizations to connect internationals in this huge city. Yes maybe I felt a little embarrassed like billy no mate asking for friends but I thought what the hell who cares and in the end of the day it is 2015. Also when I moved to Prague I found this amazing group of international parents in Prague also on FB that were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. I met more or less all my friends in Prague in some way or an other through this FB page.

When I received no replies after two days nor any likes I became so disappointed, not like sad just like what is wrong with people kind of disappointed. Even more so when this international clubs replied very standard phrases and just asking to pay membership fees. I got so upset with this to me very unfriendly approach and in this disappointed state of mind i needed to share it with Loren who is currently away in Ducat and 8 hours a head so I couldn't call him at that moment.. So I forwarded him the reply ( I thought) and wrote "I get sooo upset with all this fucking fake international networks!! Just see this very non human standard email saying nothing more then pay membership!! I mean 3000 Rubles is no problem but really get to get some nice help or information first is that too much to ask for. Same with the Swedish network! No one commented anything more then the lady said hope you can become member of the network...On the other facebook pages for expat parents NO reply !! I am chocked!" 

 
I took the kids for a walk and a play and calmed down and accepted the facts that this is how it is and yes maybe I overreacted a bit as I guess everyone is busy with themselves or have filled up their friend quota. Funny enough this same day I found a very nice mother in the playground who have kids the same age and invited us for coffee and play and offered to help with what ever I need help with. She only lives a few houses away and is very interesting fun lady and just what I was looking for.

And now when I looked at my email I realized that I never sent this very upset mail to Loren but as a reply to the lady from the international club!! Hahhaa ( i am blushing a bit just reading my upset mail) so I guess I will really stay away from these group defiantly and next time I am writing upset emails I will make sure I send them to the right person! 



Svenska översättningen på denna ganska pinsamma incident som jag just ganska detaljerat och utlämnande har berättat lyder som följer. "Mamma jag har INGA kompisar" sa Mila en dag vid köksbordet "men du har ju mig" sa jag "Men jag vill ha en riktig kompis som Malou som jag kan leka häst med!" Mammahjärtat brast och jag bestämde mig för att jag måste göra något NU även fast jag vet att det kommer att lösa sig bara ge det lite tid i allt det nya.

Jag skrev på 3 olika Facebook sidor för internationella i Moskva, lite introduktion om oss o att vi letar efter andra i vårat område att umgås med. Kontaktade även två klubbar som anordnar diverse aktiviteter och generalmöten för internationella kvinnor för att få lite information vad de organiserar för barnaktiviteter.

När jag efter två dagar inte hade fått några svar eller ens en tumme upp kände jag att jag blev sur. Inte sur och ledsen utan mer sur och förbannad, vad är det för fel på folk. Till saken hör den att i Prag finns det ett helt fantastiskt nätverk på Facebook för internationella föräldrar där alla är hjälpsamma och välkomnande. Det är genom den gruppen jag har träffat alla mina vänner i Prag på ett eller annat sätt. Inser nu att det är unikt för Prag detta forum och mötesplats.

Hursom helst när jag sedan fick väldigt som jag tyckte otrevligt standard svar från en internationell klubb som mest sa att betala medlemsskap först. Jag menar jag vill ju först ha lite information om det kan vara nåt för oss innan jag springer till nästa generalmöte och betalar medlemsavgift som iof inte är så mycket att bråka om men en då. Nu blev jag förbannad och igen inte ledsen jag ger upp förbannad utan mer förbannad förbannad på detta hyckleri från dessa sk välgörenhetsklubbar öppen för alla internationella att mötas. Så jag kände att jag ville ventilera med Loren men eftersom han är i Ducat och de ligger 8 timmar framåt så kunde jag ju inte ringa just då. Så jag skrev ett ganska upprört mail till honom (trodde jag) med mycket svordomar och ord rakt från hjärtat i detta något upprörda tillstånd utan filter eftersom jag ju skrev till min man.

Sedan klädde jag på barnen och tog med dom ut till parken. Lustigt nog var det denna dag som jag träffade en supertrevlig mamma i parken som har barn i samma ålder som Mila & Filip och som bjöd hem oss på kaffe och lek och erbjöd sig att hjälpa mig om jag skulle behöva någon hjälp. Hon bor bara några hus bort och det var ju precis det jag letade efter. Idag tog hon med mig på barnjympa, introducerad mig till andra mammor i vårt område och visade mig mer av vårt område och helt utan medlemsavgifter.

När jag nu på kvällen öppnade min mail ser jag att mitt upprörda mail inte alls skickades till Loren utan jag skickade det visst som svar till ordförande av klubben så jag kommer garanterat hålla mig långt borta från den gruppen och nästa gång jag skriver ett argt mail ska jag kolla addressen en extra gång..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Update 24/52 Making leaving gifts and wine ladies

During week 24 I have been working on preparing thank you gifts for kids teachers and friends. I like to give something symbolic which also can be useful. This year I decided to buy water bottles for the teachers and to make them personalized writing their name and some flowers on them. I bought plain smaller bottles at IKEA. With my Cricut i designed and cut it out of permanent vinyl. With adding vinyl on the bottles, they can only be hand-washed otherwise the vinyl will come off.  After five years in Germany I have gotten so use to saying Frau Janssen rather then using her first name. So I decided that I will use the last name because that is the only name the kids use. Funny how you get use to something that I from the beginning thought was so stupid and old fashion.  When I was playing around with my Cricut I also figured out how to transfer my wine ladies into svg file which is needed so the machine can cut out my illustrations. I did a test with iron on transfer vinyl. I made the

Weekly update 23/52 Düsseldorf Art journals, Tonhalle and pool season

End of May beginning of June this wonderful time of the year and it is starting to be more and more emotional and real that we soon will be packing up and leaving. After this very cold spring it is nice to finally warm up and that the pool season has started. Here in Wittlaer Düsseldorf we have a local pool in Kaiserwerth Freibad Flossenweg where we go to swim. On a normal school day in the afternoon it is not too bad with people but on a hot hot weekend it is very crowded. It is kind of funny living in a place where you meet parents from school and neighbors first fully dressed and then undressed in the pool.  One amazing experience was seeing Düsseldorf Tonhalle from inside where Mila and her school together with four other schools in Düsseldorf had a Sing Pause concert. It was magical to hear them all sing in this old planetarium which has been changed into a concert hall.  My Creative work has been focusing on personalizing Art journals. I bought plain brown paper art journals to t

Weekly update 40/52 Autumn colors and cinnamon buns

Welcome October the most colorful month of the year. Yes we are going full steam towards the darker and colder part of the year, but I have to admit it is cosy and pretty with all the colorful leaves.  I don't know if it is a new thing to have theme days where a dish or something is being celebrated. I am guessing it is a capitalistic marketing great idea so companies can make more money like Valentine day. One of those days in Sweden is 4 of October when our national bakery Cinnamon bun is being honored. I got inspired! Some time ago I bought nice linnen tea-towels which I was planning to make some print/design on and when I got inspired by cinnamon bun I knew exactly what to make. I started scribbling and drawing buns on a big sheet. When I had one or two which I thought looked ok I transfered my bun drawing to my Cricut and had it cut out on iron-on vinyl. My mum is a master in baking buns and so I made a tea-towel/baking-towel in honor of not only cinnamon buns but of my mother